Monday 15 January 2007

one of the family....

Yes ok ok have had a few people asking about said handsome chap that I happen to be staying with at the moment, but fear I have been building him up too much. Due to technical issues at this end the much-requested photo will have to wait until tomorrow but suffice to say that he´s 28 going on 10. In all the time I have been there he has not left his mother´s side, which I know will be disappointing for some. But not for me, as I have a new best friend Pablo who booked my Galapagos trip for me and has shared his life story. Very friendly yes, but thankfully not yet asking that I share his life aswell. Not much time to write but in brief.... Great week with my new family - they have taken me everywhere. Volcanoes (not active), the REAL ecuator this time, and every single church in Quito (at least it feels like it). They are really kind and (sometimes a bit too) keen to show me all that the city has to offer. It has been great for my Spanish, but I have decided that my trip to the Opera on Thursday to see Manuela y Bolivar will be without Pepe, Mariana and Santiago, and instead with school friends. They even want me to stay with the brother when I go to Cuenca... it may soon be time to make a clean break. Got to go now as schooltime has ended but more en la manana.

No comments: